Palmar Sur Airport May 2019 Update
This is the latest update about the Palmar Sur Airport May 2019, recorded recently from the airport. The video below includes photos and videos of the current status of the airport, along with Abigail Vargas holding one of the LED lights that will be installed on the runway.
We are cautiously optimistic that the new deadline will be reached. A lot of work still needs to be completed, but with a large and skilled crew it is feasible. We were told that the following still needs to be completed:
- Ceiling fan installation: We were told they have been purchased and are in storage.
- Installation of seats and benches. Again, we were told they have been purchased. Based on earlier conversations, the seats will have USB charging ports.
- Finishing of details. As one can see in the video, workers are still hand-sanding the downspouts for quality control.
- Final installation of landing lights. We were told most of those have been installed and are operational but it is not 100% completed yet.
- It is unclear if the electrical and data system has been completely installed.
Revised Deadline for Completion
We will continue to monitor the progress of the Palmar Sur Airport May and June 2019 updates. As the video stated, the new target deadline for completion is July 1, 2019. We are hopeful that the July 1 deadline will be met. When this happens it will be great news to start having daily flights to and from San Jose again.
If you would like information about vacationing in the Osa region of Costa Rica, please fill out the form below. We typically respond within 24 hours. You may also send us a text or WhatsApp message to +16128198154 or +50671001006. Palmar Sur is a great location for those looking to visit Sierpe, Chontales, San Buenas, Ojochal or Uvita. Palmar Sur is located across the Terraba River from Palmar Norte.
Photos Palmar Sur Airport
Below are some photos from Palmar Sur Airport May 2019.