A common question we receive is 'what are the best activities in Costa Rica'. The answer isn't so simple. It depends on activity levels and interests, however, we recommend ziplines and retreats. That's right...retreats
Best Activities in Costa Rica
There are countless ways to enjoy the amazing country of Costa Rica. Undoubtedly, if you have looked into visiting Costa Rica, I am sure you have noticed that zip lining is a popular activity. In addition, to zip lining through the treetops of the rain forest, here are a few other activities you might enjoy during your time in Costa Rica (Osa Property Management can line all of these tours up for you, simply contact us):
- Visit a rain forest. There several different options nearby, some on public lands and some in private preserves.
- Waterfalls: Nauyaca Waterfall and El Pavon ("the stuck rock" waterfall).
- There are several nearby National Parks, including Bahia Ballena (Whales Tail in Uvita), Manuel Antonio (the most popular tourist destination in Costa Rica), Chiripo (the tallest peak in Costa Rica of over 13,000 feet), Piedras Blancas National Park and Corcovado National Park (National Geographic has stated that Corcovado National Park is the most bio-diverse and bio-intense place on the planet).
- White water rafting. There are all sorts of levels for beginners to advanced to experience the white water rapids in the Osa Peninsula and surrounding area.
- Coffee and chocolate (cacao fruit) are a popular commodity in Costa Rica. The environmental factors and climate of the mountains in Costa Rica are an ideal environment for growth of coffee and chocolate. We can arrange a tour of a coffee plantation or a "make your own hot chocolate from cacao educational experience".
- Yoga classes and retreats or massages, all led or performed by experienced leaders.
- Surfing. Even if you've never surfed, we can line up a half-day of surfing with a professional, and if you don't get up and surf, you don't pay for the lesson. What an awesome guarantee!
- Fishing: Deep-sea fishing or freshwater fishing: The southern pacific coast of Costa Rica is world-renown f
- or its diversity of fishing, including dorado, sailfish and tuna. We also know several locals that offer freshwater fishing options in the intercoastal waterways and rivers nearby. This is an entirely different type of fishing as there are no poles used. Simply a reel of fishing line, a hook with some bait and a sinker.
- Golfing: There is one golf course in the Osa Peninsual and that is San Buenas Golf Resort.
- Whale-watching and dolphin watching.
- Turtle sanctuary.
Costa Rica Retreats...the ultimate Costa Rica (Learning) Experience
With all of those activities to consider, beaches to visit and wildlife to observe, why not turn your trip to Costa Rica into a wonderful learning experience too? We also offer several week-long retreats throughout the year. We would like to promote our upcoming (July 2018), Costa Rica Photo Retreat (click here for details). This week long retreat takes place in the southern pacific area and includes daily teaching from a professional photographer, all lodging and most meals.
Please contact us if you are interested in an amazing itinerary to enjoy Osa and/or if you would like more information about our Costa Rica Photography Retreats or Costa Rica Writers' Retreats.
So, what are the best activities in Costa Rica - we have our opinion, but let us help you plan your next trip so you can have your own opinion (and we'd love for you to share it with us!).
Regardless of which option you choose.....don’t forget to bring your camera!